Not long ago, at the time of writing this, I was asked about how to deal with varicose veins. Not being a practitioner of any sort I asked the question of a friend of ours who IS! He replied to say that good mineral supplements are the best way, maybe also Horse Chestnut drops can help as well.
I then received an email from another friend saying I should see the website detail below from a pharmacist Keith Abell, RPh CIP MI.
Because of these mineral deficiencies the varicose veins are just an outward sign of even more that is going on throughout the body. These “varicose veins” actually appear on organs throughout. When you have varicose veins on the stomach it is a stomach aneurism, varicose veins in the brain is brain aneurism, varicose veins in the rectum are hemorrhoids.
The basic thing to note here is that varicose veins are the result of mineral deficiency. One other point that was made – Varicose veins on the legs will also be mirrored elsewhere in the body…. That is a point mentioned in the article below as well….
You will see that Mr Abell says below that the routine for dealing with varicose veins would NOT be to look for the cause….
The cause of any illness should be the first port of call to investigate.
Varicose and Spider Veins
Varicose or Spider Veins are a major cosmetic concern to millions of people. In addition to being unsightly, many people suffer with aches and pains do to the condition.
Medical doctors will monitor them more closely in people with risk factors for blood clots also known as deep vein thrombosis. They believe however that for the most part they are more of a nuisance to the patient than of any medical concern.
The veins return blood from the rest of your body to your heart, so the blood can be recirculated. In order to return blood to your heart, the veins in your legs work against gravity. Muscle contractions in your lower legs act as pumps, and the elastic vein walls help blood return to your heart. There are tiny valves in your veins that open as blood flows toward your heart then close to stop blood from flowing backward.
Doctors never address what is actually causing the Varicose veins. They believe that standing long periods of time is the culprit. This does not explain why not everyone that has occupations that require standing suffer from the condition and why some people that do not have such occupations do suffer from the condition.
Conventional medical treatment starts out by advising one to elevate the legs often throughout the day. And of course they recommend weight loss and exercise. They also recommend using compression stockings and even leg message techniques. This does seem to relieve some of the symptoms for a brief time but it does not eliminate the condition.
If you don’t respond to self-care, compression stockings, or if your condition is more severe, your doctor may suggest one of these varicose vein treatments:
- Sclerotherapy. In this procedure, your doctor injects small- and medium-sized varicose veins with a solution that scars and closes those veins. In a few weeks, treated varicose veins should fade. The same vein may need to be injected more than once. Sclerotherapy is effective if done correctly but does not address what caused the varicose veins in the first place.
- Laser surgeries. Doctors are using laser treatments to close off smaller varicose veins and spider veins. Laser surgery makes the vein slowly fade and disappear, but it does not address what caused the varicose veins in the first place.
- Catheter-assisted procedures. The doctor inserts a thin tube (catheter) into an enlarged vein and heats the tip of the catheter. As the catheter is pulled out, the heat destroys the vein by causing it to collapse and seal shut. This procedure is usually done for larger varicose veins but once again it does not address what caused the varicose veins in the first place.
- Vein stripping. Removes a long vein through small incisions. This is an outpatient procedure for most people. Removing the vein won’t affect circulation in your leg because veins deeper in the leg take care of the larger volumes of blood but this to does not address what caused the varicose veins in the first place.
- Ambulatory phlebectomy (fluh-BEK-tuh-me). Your doctor removes smaller varicose veins through a series of tiny skin punctures. Only the parts of your leg that are being pricked are numbed in this outpatient procedure. Scarring is generally minimal but it does not address what caused the varicose veins in the first place.
- Endoscopic vein surgery. You might need this operation only in an advanced case involving leg ulcers. Your surgeon uses a thin video camera inserted in your leg to visualize and close varicose veins, and then removes the veins through small incisions. This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and does not address what caused the varicose veins in the first place.
These treatments for varicose veins and spider veins are effective. However, varicose veins usually come back.
As a pharmacist it always amazes me that the standard approaches to conditions like this never try to determine the root cause.
The standard approach is to look at the symptom then treat it. More often than not if a pharmaceutical drug is not available to treat the symptom then they look for some sort of surgical remedy.
There is an herbal remedy that has some limited affect on varicose veins, Horse-Chestnut Seed. You would think that they would take a look at this and see if they can determine what there is in it that seems to help. Through analysis it has been determined that the nutritional value of the seeds of the Indian Horse-chestnut contain a good amount of various plant derived colloidal minerals such as nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, sulphur, calcium, iron, copper, zinc and manganese. Upon further examination there is a compound found in Horse-Chestnut Seed that may be the reason for its success.
These colloidal minerals and copper specifically that are found in Horse-Chestnut Seed are precisely what provides the tinsel strength of the walls of the veins. When there is a deficiency of these minerals over time the veins become more and more brittle. They begin to lose their elasticity as well which reduces the ability for blood to flow freely.
The reason the Horse-Chestnut Seed has only had limited affect however probably relates to the fact that these few minerals are only a fraction of the 90 essential nutrients required by the body. It is also a well known fact that the mineral content of any one plant will vary depending on the condition of the soils from which it was grown. This means there are just too many variables involved that can’t be controlled to insure adequate levels of these much needed nutrients.
Because of these mineral deficiencies the varicose veins are just an outward sign of even more that is going on throughout the body. These “varicose veins” actually appear on organs throughout.
When you have varicose veins on the stomach it is a stomach aneurism, varicose veins in the brain is brain aneurism, varicose veins in the rectum are hemorrhoids.
All these manifestations of the same mineral deficiency lead to a wide range of problems and in the case of a rupture, possibly death. All of these problems can be avoided and reversed by providing the body with all of the 90 known essential nutrients it needs to support and repair the affected tissue.
Think about this, you are driving down the interstate when the little red warning light comes on. What do you do? Do you cut the little red warning light, ignore it and keep going or do you stop to find out what the problem is? If you cut the warning light what happens? Eventually the car breaks down. If it was serious enough of a problem then the breakdown can be catastrophic rendering the car absolutely useless.
Consider this; the varicose veins are actually the body’s little red warning light. People die of ruptured aneurisms all the time without warning. For those people that actually can see the varicose veins in their legs, they are fortunate enough to be getting a red warning light. So do you go to the doctor and let him “cut the red warning light” by ignoring it? Do you let the doctor treat the problem with a procedure that never addresses the underlying problem or do you take matters into your own hand and do what it takes to provide the body with the fuel that it needs to support and repair itself?
The basic point that we hear time and again now – get to the cause and sort that out.
More often than not if looking and asking in what we would call the right places, this can very probably be done without resorting to medication. However as I am not a practitioner, please do ask someone who is.
As I said at the top of this newsletter – we do have practitioner friends who can advise.
To get your own supply of first rate minerals you only need to get in touch or take a look at this website and see what there is available.
Bye for now
07885 076 026 :: 07930 916 310 (ask for Mike Finding)
More Energy and Nails are stronger
Within a few days of taking the minerals, I was able to get up much earlier in the mornings and feel wide awake upon waking. I feel that my head is now attached to my body, regardless of how many hours sleep I have had. I have double the amount of energy now and can get so much more done during the day. I also have noticed that my nails are stronger. There have been numerous bugs going around recently and I have found that whilst others are really suffering and having to take time off from work to recover, I have experienced very mild symptoms which have cleared within 48 hours and not requiring me to take time off work. I now couldn’t be without sizzling minerals.